How to use this site:
What follows below is ONE of the many ways to transfer text from a web site onto your computer for later editing. It is the way I, autodidact, have come to use by means of trial and error (and tribulation). No doubt you will laugh at me if you are a computer wizard.
I suggest that you hit your "print" button right now to print out these instructions. If you do not have a printer, have a GOOD memory or write them out.
1. Minimise your Internet browser by clicking the minus sign in the top
left corner of your screen (if you use Microsoft, that's where it is)
2. Open a word processing program, like Word
3. Maximize your browser by clicking it on the bar at the bottom of your
4. Find the article you want
5. Click the left mouse button at the beginning of the text and hold it
down, dragging the mouse down the screen. This will highlight the
text. At the bottom it should start scrolling down. Do not let go!
6. When you get to the end, let go of the left button, and do not click
again! If you do, you will lose the highlighting, and will have to start
7. Hold down the ctrl (control key) and type "c". This procedure will
place the highlighted text onto your "clipboard". It is now somewhere
in the brain of your computer.
8. Maximise your word program.
9. Hold down the control key again and type "v". The text will appear...,
didn't it? Oh well, try again. If it did work, you can save it as a
document, and put together a CWN publication to distribute to your
friends, bible Study group, discussion group... Get the message out!
10. If does not work, you can
- hit the print button, print it out as it comes, and do the
cut-and-paste-and-photocopy thing of yesteryear
- email me and ask me to forward a copy of the particular
article. Why not do that in the first place? You may have to
wait a while.
- save the page as .html, complete. (use the File Menu, click
save) Once it is saved, you will be able to fool around with it
and see how it works. Just takes a bit longer.
Now, for the GRAPHICS! Clck here for my tutorial on grabbing pictures off the web site to paste into your CWN publication.